It's A Girl Thing: Tween Queens and the Commodification of the Girl's Tween Market

A few years of research, thoughts and adjustments that all led to a completed film which, framed by the structure of a faux interactive website for tween girls, looks closely, and critically, at the tween market's evolution and the role of Disney and Nickelodeon's tween queens (Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, Britney Spears, Hilary Duff, Miley Cryus, Miranda Cosgrove, Kiki Palmer, Selena Gomez, and more) in the market's explosion.

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Laying Out the Structure and Themes



So my BIG CORK BOARD is being installed in my office early this week. Im stoked. I find this is a very nice way to organize the film into themes and begin to figure out the structure. So far I have five main themes (that I won't outline here just yet) and Im anxious to begin organizing footage and research within those areas.

So, progress on the editing front. Yes!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home